Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Blue screen 7b error after BIOS update

HP ProDesk 490 G2 MT
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Today I've installed some recommended things on my PC: UEFI Diagnostic, latest bios (02.30 rev A) and something related to Intel (I think Intel Management Engine Driver but I'm not sure). First of all I've installed bios and UEFI, reboot had no issues. Then I've installed that Intel thing and tried to launch a VM in VMware: VMware told me VTx was disabled so VMs can't run. So I've rebooted, went to BIOS, enabled VTx, rebooted and Windows Blue Screen with 7b error appeared. I've tried to go restore a Windows restore point but keyboard nor mouse worked. UEFI quick system test reported no errors.

Sorry for my bad English but I'm Italian and i can't find HP Italian Forum anywhere

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation