Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 870-213W
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Blue screen of death then a black screen with 2 long beeps and 2 short beeps

Mother board and ram replaced, power voltages checked woith volt meter and are good.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The power light would remain white with two long flashes and two short flashes.

Stop codes would read:

Resource not owned

IRQL Not Less Or Equal

Kernal error

Memory Page file not found

Having replaced Motherboard and memory and tested the power supply with voltmeter plus I could bring up BIOS Menu and run HP Diagnostics I figured the power supply was definitely good.

I also tried replacing the hard drives with a known good one and still had a BSOD after post.

Replaced the processor at this point and the HP Assistant immediately came up asking if I wanted to replaced the system softwares to factory state. I accepted this, did some exercise, took a shower and shaved, came back to the computer and finished setting up windows 10 on the computer.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi

You get a LONG (MAJOR) signal category, RED LED &

then a SHORT (MINOR) signal category, WHITE LED.

Major – the category of the error; Minor – specific error in that category

The AUDIBLE repeats 5 times, and the VISUAL until power is removed.

BIOS

The main area (DXE) of BIOS has become corrupted and there is no recovery binary image available.

Also happens when updating BIOS.

Typically no steps needed.

1. Allow the system to complete its updates and changes.

2. If updates are stalling, attempt Sure Start Recovery.

Therefore I would try this....

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02693833

Make a USB flash drive with a BIOS file and try that.

Also new Main Board's can want a "tattoo" https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/tattoo-for-motherboard.1341841/

Below is a 2.2 GB download that may be totally useless to your situation.

HP PC HARDWARE DIAGNOSTICS 4-IN-1 USB KEY

For HP authorized service partners and IT professionals who need to support a mixed environment of older and newer HP/Compaq PCs, the HP PC Diagnostics 4-in-1 USB Key is a diagnostic tool that supports a wide range of HP Desktop and Notebook PCs. This Key includes HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows, HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI, HP Vision Diagnostics, and files supporting recovery of a corrupted BIOS on supported systems.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp92501-93000/sp92620.exe

If in doubt please ask.

HP Recommended

The power light would remain white with two long flashes and two short flashes.

Stop codes would read:

Resource not owned

IRQL Not Less Or Equal

Kernal error

Memory Page file not found

Having replaced Motherboard and memory and tested the power supply with voltmeter plus I could bring up BIOS Menu and run HP Diagnostics I figured the power supply was definitely good.

I also tried replacing the hard drives with a known good one and still had a BSOD after post.

Replaced the processor at this point and the HP Assistant immediately came up asking if I wanted to replaced the system softwares to factory state. I accepted this, did some exercise, took a shower and shaved, came back to the computer and finished setting up windows 10 on the computer.

HP Recommended

Prego.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.