Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
All in one 24-10018

My computer did an update last night and this morning it has a black screen with a blue box that says boot device not found , please install  an operating system on your hard disk. Hard disk -(3F0). It also has F2 for diagnostics  so when I push f2 it has memory test, storage tests, hard drive check, language and exit. Memory test passed, tried storage said no storage, tried hard drive check it says no hard drive so I can't even get an error code to give to anyone. Can someone please help me figure out wth happened to my computer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@KSmiley 

Those diagnostic results indicate the hard drive has failed and needs to be replaced.

All-in-Ones are basically oversized laptops with external keyboards and mice -- so any SATA laptop drive should be able to work without an issue.

Once you have the drive replaced, you need to use HP Recovery Media to restore the PC to working condition.

If your PC is a 2016 model or newer, you should see if you can make a bootable USB recovery drive using the HP cloud recovery tool on a working PC.

The recovery drive can then be used to install Win10 and the HP drivers and utilities that originally came with your PC.

Here is the link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@KSmiley 

Those diagnostic results indicate the hard drive has failed and needs to be replaced.

All-in-Ones are basically oversized laptops with external keyboards and mice -- so any SATA laptop drive should be able to work without an issue.

Once you have the drive replaced, you need to use HP Recovery Media to restore the PC to working condition.

If your PC is a 2016 model or newer, you should see if you can make a bootable USB recovery drive using the HP cloud recovery tool on a working PC.

The recovery drive can then be used to install Win10 and the HP drivers and utilities that originally came with your PC.

Here is the link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for all your help as I am now trying to fix this on my own is there a certain type of hard drive you recommend and what size. I'm looking on amazon and I see the SATA but they have either 2.5 or 3.5 and should it be 1TG or 2 TG?  Since I need my computer for work I don't want a crappy replacement but I see they can get pretty costly as well.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.