06-29-2018 02:10 AM - edited 06-29-2018 02:11 AM
We have HP Pro One 600 G2 All in one non touch PCs in our orginization, We are facing much problems in this modelthe one problem is mostly in morning when user start there PCs it can not boot, it give error message, Boot device not found install operation system harddrive (3f0), on this message if we hit ctrl+alt+del to restart then it properly boot from harddrive, some time it will take time u have to hit ctrl+alt+delete to restart 3, 4 time then it will properly boot, we perform firmware update bios updates , legacy enable and secure boot enable activity done, but still have this issue, i think there is some thing bug in system bios or some manufacturing fault in it, this is very serious issue HP may ahave to take notice about this issue, i search our internet there is no any helpful solution available, even HP is also not helping peoples on this issue,
I want solution for this from any expert,
06-29-2018 02:40 AM
I am certainly no expert.
3F0 means the hard disk is failing, or has no boot software.
So, possible areas....
The CMOS/RTC battery is discharged and needs replacing.
Wrongly delected Secure/Legacy boot option.
The Boot Sequence is wrong.
Hardware fault (like a failing hard disk), F2 diagnostics, please post back the results.
The Boot loader software is corrupt, from either the C:\ or the X:\ prompt try the following
Make Backups and Recovery Media and replace the Hard Drive.
06-29-2018 03:11 AM
Thanks for your reply, Hard drive is not failing i perform harddrive and hardware self test it resulting pass, i am facing this issue not only on the same pc, other pcs are also behaving like this , if you are saying that CMOS battery is discharge these Pcs are hardly 3 or 4 months old i dont think so battery is discharge, if boot loader software is corrupt then why it not givening this message every time, this happen in once or twice in a week.
06-30-2018 07:38 PM
1. Hard drive is not failing i perform harddrive and hardware self test it resulting pass,
2. i am facing this issue not only on the same pc, other pcs are also behaving like this ,
3. if you are saying that CMOS battery is discharge these Pcs are hardly 3 or 4 months old i dont think so battery is discharge,
4. if boot loader software is corrupt then why it not givening this message every time,
5. this happen in once or twice in a week.
1. Are all the computers using disk-drives manufactured by the same company around the same date?
You will need to read the printed label on each disk-drive.
2. Other PCs also from HP, or from other manufacturers?
3. Since the computers are so "new", then the original HP Warranty should still be active.
So, Contact HP, to open a claim against the warranty.
4. Based on your symptoms, it is NOT the boot-loader that is the problem. Instead, my guess is that the disk-drive is "slow" to start-up from being "cold", so that it is not "ready" when the motherboard tries to boot from the disk-drive.
5. So, I think that the boot-loader is OK.
Can you use "disk-cloning" software to copy one disk-drive to a disk-drive from a different manufacturer, or to a SSD, and boot from the copy, to see if the symptoms occur with a completely-different disk-drive?
Welcome to this forum.
Please click the purple/white "Thumbs Up" icon for every response that is helpful.
Also, please click "Accept As Solution" for the best response.