Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
All-in-One 27-dp0030nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have this HP with Win 10 Home but I wont install in dual boot Win 10 Pro and Linux. I've create an USB Flash Drive from Win 10 iso, insert USB Flash Drive in USB 3.0 port, power on the PC, press F9 key, but the USB Flash Drive is not detected.

I checked the BIOS but I didn't find "Legacy boot".

How can I go for the boot with USB Flash Drive?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@givo2 

I'm sorry, but HP only warranties their PCs for usage with the OS that comes preinstalled.

IF you replace that with a Linux distro, or add a Linux distro, then you assume full responsibility for maintaining that -- including solving any problems with booting the other OS and/or installing the other OS.

Modern PCs with UEFI, instead of the older BIOS, are especially difficult to install because you have to go into the UEFI settings and make several changes before you can even boot from a USB stick -- and we are unable to assist in that work.

Your best bet for support now is to contact the support forum of the distro you are using.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

OK for the warranties, but I asked how to boot PC from USB Flash Drive because if the PC crashes or it was necessary to reinstall the S.O. it would be necessary to do boot from USB.

HP Recommended

@givo2 

OK, so insert the USB stick, press F9 repeatedly to bring up the Boot Devices menu.  If your USB stick shows up there and you can select it, then it's a driver issue -- as the PC can't boot from a USB in a USB 3 port.  If the stick does  not show up there, you have to go into the BIOS settings and disable Secure Boot.  The USB should show up after that.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.