1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Boot menu

HP Desktop Pavilion 595
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello community!

Please help: Why can I change the boot menu? ESC- Start Startmenu, but I can´t change it.

Thanks for answers.

Gerriet, Germany

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,391 2,259
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Boot menu

@Gerriet,

Thank you for posting on HP Support Forums!

I understand you are in need of support, I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Desktop. This will install the latest Bios which should help you with this issue.

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available.

Next thing, I would suggest here is to follow the steps suggested in the support document for - HP PCs - Configuring the Boot Order in the System BIOS

Hope this answers your question.

Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation