Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One Pc
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My all in one HP powers on and then just beeps. Three high pitch and then 4 low pitch beeps every time. Nothing but black screen. Is there any fix for this problem.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

When you power-on your All-In-One, it first launches the POST ("Power On Self Test").

If it discovers a problem, such as bad RAM, or a non-functioning fan, or a dead video-card,]

the only way that it can "signal" you that the POST did not complete is by "beeping" at you.

Yes, your computer probably can be fixed, once the "bad" component is identified and replaced.

You have 3 options:

1.  If the HP Warranty still is valid, contact HP Support to get them to fix it
  2. Try to do the trouble-shooting yourself.
  3. Find a local owner/operator computer-store, and pay them to trouble-shoot.

HP Recommended

Hello
can you indicate the exact model of the computer
Specify the frequency of the beeps, we normally only speak of long and short beeps
for example
3 long then 4 short
3.4 (blink)
Hardware
The system board displays a power failure.

Check the power cable connections. Verify that any external power adapter has sufficient capacity for the system.

4 long 3 short
4.3 (blink / beep)
Thermal
An ambient temperature overheating condition detected.

If the error persists after cooling and cleaning the notebook, there might be heat-related damage to internal components. Contact support for repair.

unfortunately we do not have a document for a specific model
but several, and that can change in the function of a lot of things

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c01732674

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/bph07107

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thanks Itsmyname, I will start with option one  and work my way through till I get results. Will let you know for sure.

HP Recommended

it's a Model 24 df0137c. The beeps are 3 long 4 short blinking. Thanks for replying so quickly.

HP Recommended

So, it is possible that it is a power issue as stated
I can not tell you to replace it, because no certainty, it could come from another element!
The best you can do is consult a professional
if it is an external power supply he could test another if he has what it takes!

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-all-in-one-pc-24-df0000i/37592630/model/34111552/product-inf...

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.