Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion h8-1234
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Yesterday I installed new memory and a new upgraded video card

memory:  G. Skill Ripjaws X Series 16 GB (sx 8GB) 240 pin DDR3

Video card:  EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti - Gaming ACX 3.0 (dual fan)

Installed memory first with no issues.

I deleted the Radeon video card drivers from my PC, then installed the video card and booted up.  I immediately got the screen below, but hitting the ESC button doesn't do anything. I have to let it run and it eventually goes to the bios menu after a few minutes. From there I  can move on to Windows or go into bios. I was able to get the driver disc to install the drivers for the new card. My system shows the card and the memory is installed and working.  However, anytime I boot the PC I have to go through this process to get to Windows after several minutes. Plus, if anything the performance of my  PC once in Windows 8 is the same, if not a little worse then before upgrading.  I am not sure what the issue is and why this happens. It seems the card is compatible, but so not sure if its bios thing or what. Any advice on this would be appreciated. 

start up screen.jpg

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.