Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteDesk 800 G1

Hello,

I would like to upgrade my HP EliteDESK 800 G1 with this NVME + HHHL:

https://www.amazon.it/Kingston-KC1000-Solido-Interna-Scheda/dp/B072ZPMR43/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=152...

Before I buy it, I would like to know if I would actually be able to boot a fresh install of Windows 10 from it. Any suggestion is gladly accepted.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@ChronoPhoenix

From the following link, sounds like you can do that given your machine already has NIC option:

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c03840403

with the following option in BIOS:

Enables/disables the computer’s ability to boot from an operating system installed on a network server. (Feature available on NIC models only; the network controller must be either a PCI expansion card or embedded on the system board.) Default is enabled.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Many thanks, I will buy it and report back  with the results.

By the way, I have already a Windows 7 (downgrade from Windows 8). I wonder if I can simply install WIN10 on the NVME and simply format the HDD with WIN7 on it without any trouble.

HP Recommended

@ChronoPhoenix

After successfully booting from PCIe slot with Windows 10, you can do whatever you want with your old HDD.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I have inserted the NVME  on the pci X16 downgraded to 4x. I am able to see it on windows 7, to recognize it and install windows 10 successfully into it but unfortunately i am not able to boot from it in any way. Do you have any suggestion?

HP Recommended
After some check I've been able to boot the NVME by using an USB stick as 3rd party bootloader, since latest bios doesn't support NVME (02.70 Rev.A). I need an updated bios in order to make UEFI recognizable, I don't want to be forced to use an USB stick by some unlegit, expecially because the latest BIOS is from 2016. Any help about this?
HP Recommended

After some check I've been able to boot the NVME by using an USB stick as 3rd party bootloader, since latest bios doesn't support NVME (02.70 Rev.A). I need an updated bios in order to make UEFI recognizable, I don't want to be forced to use an USB stick by some unlegit, expecially because the latest BIOS is from 2016. Any help about this?

HP Recommended

No answers? Please help me out, I bought the NVME trusting HP information..

HP Recommended

I know this might be a bit late, but I am considering buying such a tower, so I want to see if NVME is supported as well.

There are new versions of the bios, at least for the tower version. They can be downloaded at the HP website.

As you did not specify the specific version of the 800 G1, you can go to:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/desktops

and just type in 800 g1 in the search bar, and choose your version. After that, go to bios, and choose the latest version.

Good luck, and tell us how it went.

HP Recommended

Which bootloader did you use? Do you have the configuration files for that? I've been unable to boot to the NVMe after using Clover and rEFInd.  Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.