Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Brand new ENVY won't start Blakc screen

ENVY Curved 34b
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Exciting moment turned into disappointment!

Unpacked brand new ENVY Curved, added batteries in the wireless keyboard and mouse. Ensured these are switched on.

Connected ENVY to powersupply, connected Ethernet cable.

Surprised that no manuals (paper) are delivered - but found the hidden switch on button on backside of the PC's pedestal.

Switch on - white LED on right side pedestal shows computer is powered on.

HP logo appears & disappears.

I now expect the Windows10 welcomescreen but alas. 

Only briefly a warning message "Check HDMI-IN Cable" is shown and screen blacks out. Nothing happens, PC is not reacting.

I would have expected a better qualiy check & rightly working "Unpacking Experience" for a EUR 2.400 PC!:HalfEyes:

Of course I tried connecting other wired Keyboard and mouse - had to use the ones from my older Dell computer as the ENVY doesn't come with any HDMI Cable.

How can I make the ENVY start and try to get a better "Welcome2.0" with the PC?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,657
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Brand new ENVY won't start Blakc screen

@RichardNagel wrote:

1. Unpacked brand new ENVY Curved, added batteries in the wireless keyboard and mouse.

Ensured these are switched on. Connected ENVY to powersupply, connected Ethernet cable.

2. Surprised that no manuals (paper) are delivered - but found the hidden switch on button on backside of the PC's pedestal. Switch on - white LED on right side pedestal shows computer is powered on.

3. HP logo appears & disappears.

4. I now expect the Windows10 welcomescreen but alas. 

5. Only briefly a warning message "Check HDMI-IN Cable" is shown and screen blacks out. Nothing happens, PC is not reacting.

6. tried connecting other wired Keyboard and mouse - had to use the ones from my older Dell computer as the ENVY doesn't come with any HDMI Cable.

7. How can I make the ENVY start and try to get a better "Welcome2.0" with the PC?

Is this your computer: HP ENVY Curved All-in-One - 34-b120qe ?

1. Good.

2. There should have been a small "Quick Start" poster.

3. Good. The POST (Power On Self Test) has successfully completed.

4. It should have tried to boot from your disk-drive.

5. Weird. But, it's possible that if you have a stand-alone DVD-player with HDMI-output, and you connect that player to the HDMI-input port on the computer, you can watch/listen to your DVD on your screen.

6. Huh? Those other devices should connect via USB, not via HDMI.

If you have a HDMI-cable and you have a cable-TV box, connect that box's HDMI-output to the HDMI-input on your computer, and watch TV on your screen.

7. Your "brand-new" computer comes with a warranty (one week? one month?) from the retail store that sold the computer to you. Take it back to them, and get a replacement.

Also, your "brand-new" computer comes with free telephone-based technical support, for a month or two. Contact HP.

Also, your computer comes with a one-year HP Warranty -- they will repair/replace your computer, for free.

Would you expect to trouble-shoot a brand-new automobile, or would you take it back to the dealer for servicing?

Treat your computer the same way: get the manufacturer to stand-up for their product.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation