Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Brand new Omen desktop, started once and never again

HP Omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I needed a new computer quick and bought this, which proved to be a mistake... I've spent the whole day reading about the black screen problem, but the presented solutions are useless since the computer doesn start at all even after waiting for over 20 minutes. Or rather it is running, but Windows never starts and the screen stays black. The monitor is working.

I don't seem to be able to get to BIOS either (if F10 is even the right button, it would be nice if it was mentioned in the manual...)

The only indication of the computer doing anything is num lock light turning on, nothing else happens.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
6,006 5,992 565 1,264
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

You have to either: contact HP Support for assistance or take the PC back to the retailer for a refund/exchange.

Tom

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'll return the computer if I have to, but that's easier said than done. Windows support suggested making a recovery USB, but I told them it's probably not going to work since I can't access the BIOS, so it won't boot from the USB. Also don't I need another Win 10 computer to make one?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
6,006 5,992 565 1,264
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Double check (reseat) the video cable connection between the monitor and the PC.

Are you connecting the video cable to the correct data port at the back of your new PC?

Omen PC's almost always ship with a higher end discrete graphics card.

You can make a Windows 10 installation USB stick on a different PC by going here. This media can be used for repairing your PC. But if your system has a hardware problem you are out of luck.

You could open the chassis after a shutdown and unplugging the PC from AC power. Depress the power switch to drain residual power off the MB.

Then pull the CR2032 MB battery. Let it sit for about ten minutes.

Reverse the process.

See if you can load Windows now.

Tom

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation