Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion TPO01-1010na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been using this new pavilion desktop for just over a week. From the very first time I booted it up it was making strange noises, on boot up a sort of screeching sound then at random intervals makes a sort of bleep/screech noise. After it's made one of these strange noises it starts to run really slow and becomes unresponsive and at one point froze completely. After initial set-up I have only downloaded chrome and a couple of apps I need to work from home, I have not made any major hardware or software changes. I have run several diagnostics and they all come back fine, but there's definitely something not right.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

A new PC should not do this.

Contact HP Support (Link) or refund/exchange the PC.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.