1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Brand new pc keeps crashing, only while playing games

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming TG01-0900nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I just bought this new pc (got it sat. 14th of march 2020). Since day 1 my pc started crashing when I'm playing games.

(So far I have tried 3 games: Counter-Strike Global Offensive, Minecraft and CrossFire, all of which made my pc crash)

Sometimes immediately, sometimes after a few minutes. Sometimes it even crashes when I'm not even in-game, simply when I'm in a lobby, changing settings,... .

At first it simply rebooted without any error messages or without any clear reason. I then disabled the auto-reboot function when my pc crashes in the hopes of getting a "blue screen" so I would maybe get a clue as to what the problem is. Unfortunately, I never get a "blue screen". Instead my monitor just shows the last frame it received until I turn the pc off manually. This only happens when I'm in a game. When I'm simply browsing the internet, watching videos etc. I have no issues at all. I did all the tests in the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics menu, all of which were successful / showed no problems. I also upgraded my drivers, but that didn't solve anything.

Since I haven't gotten any error messages I have no clue what the issue might be, which is why I'm asking my question here.(Hopefully in the right place.) The only thing that sometimes happens is that my FPS starts dropping 1-2 seconds before my pc crashes. No sounds, no error messages... .

I opened the pc to see if there might be any loose cables or any visable damage, but I didn't notice anything wrong.

I have googled a lot the last days and I think it might be a PSU issue, but I don't know much about computers so I'm not sure.

Should I just return the pc and get a new one?

Thanks for any help or advice you might have.

Link to the specifications sheet: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06443697

My monitor (if that information is relevant): BenQ ZOWIE XL2411P

1 REPLY 1
Prométhée
Level 16
Level 16
3,623 3,579 396 1,580
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello
according to the product sheet, this computer should be able to work with games.
if everything is up to date from the HP page (or the hp support assistant software), windows too, the best is actually to take advantage of the warranty!

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-gaming-tg01-0000-desktop-pc-series/2901...

Expert volontaire :Forum Fr 17-10-2009 :

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users:
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation