Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Omen 880-160
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Brand new had this error since the gitco.  Also, it would not shutdown.  I updated the BIOS and it now will shutdown properly but on boot the Checksum Invalid Cmos 502 error is persistent.  I have the BIOS F.50 from July 2019, I dowloaded it from HP site.  Is there a way to fix this with software or is it hardware?

Before I updated the BIOS I ran the Support Assistant and it did not show any issues with anything.  I'm getting a bit frustrated as I need to use this PC and retire my old one which is just limping along.  This is my 5th PC purchase from HP and I have never encountered any issues before.  HALP!  Configuration below.  HP Omen Configuration.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

You have a brand new PC.

I would suggest replacing the CR2032 MB battery. Inexpensive troubleshooting step.

But this should not be happening with a new PC.

Could be a faulty motherboard.

I will refer to HP Mods for assistance.

Regards

HP Recommended

Is there a battery in a Desktop? 

HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes.

CR2032 battery (Link).

This battery is used to store BIOS settings when the PC is off.

Regards

HP Recommended

I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have a case number and been working with a customer service rep. Next step is to call Sales tomorrow their system was down this afternoon. Hoping to get a replacement 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.