Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP DC 6005
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

there is a HP compaq PC,I have to press F1 to let it continue to boot everytime because the motherboard can detect the errors below:

921-Front USB 1 not connected

please now how to disable this message

because my front usb port is not working properly so i can only by pass this F1 message or another way if front usb disable from bios then also would be ok

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

here is extra front usb pin out

so i am using this one and my problem is solved

thanks for your suggestion

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Assuming the reason for the message is the front USB ports are malfunctioning, you could disconnect them and that will stop the message.

This manual has a picture showing where the front USB ports connect to the motherboard - lower right of picture  green connection block and yellow connection block.  Typically there is a plug that fits the pin block, but it could be individual connections.  Make a note or take a picture to identify how they are connected for future reference.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

my usb port not working cause of damage IC so that's way disconnect the front usb port and u know hp dc6005 given you tow other front panel usb port

i am using these port for front panel using but problem is this any starting time show this message

sorry for my poor english

HP Recommended

In looking at my previous post, I forgot to include the link to the manual, so here is the manual

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01883663

Here is the picture I referenced

2019-04-04 06_29_30-Window.jpg

There is a spare set of USB headers, (toward the right in that picture) which you could try but if that does the same thing as the other header, it could be a wiring problem on the front USB ports.  In that case, just leave the header disconnected and use the rear USB ports.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

here is extra front usb pin out

so i am using this one and my problem is solved

thanks for your suggestion

HP Recommended

Excellent.  Glad that extra header was available.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

thanks for your suggestions and helping

please now close this thread

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.