Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp 15 bs 658ty
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey, anyone can tell me the process how can i use my m.2 sata ssd as primary boot window in my hp 15 bs 658tu laptop.please help me i am confused and troubled.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Techyansh -- it is a little surprising that it is not the "default" configuration to have the M.2 device become the "C:" drive-letter. Does your computer also have a "spinning" disk-drive? 

What is the "size" of your "C:" drive-letter? The "size" of the other drive-letter (not the CD/DVD) ?

I helped one friend. Her brand-new computer has an M.2 SSD, but it was not tightly inserted into its socket (maybe worked loose during shipping?) and her initial power-on reported "no bootable device", because the "spinning" disk-drive was completely empty. Tightening the M.2 in its slot fixed the problem. Could that "looseness" be your problem?

HP Recommended

hi

sorry, but nothing surprising, the user indicated the model

15-bs658tu Product Specifications

Hard drive
1 TB 5400 rpm SATA

now to know, if the ssd is recognized by the system ( model ?  ), and how the installation was carried out

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Actually it does have 1 tb wd hdd but now its corrupted and i removed it from sata slot and after that i installed m.2 sata ssd in my hp 15 bs658tu now i wana fresh install window 10 in my ssd .what is the process to Install window 10 in my m.2 sata ssd ? 

HP Recommended

what is the process to Install window 10 in my m.2 sata ssd ? 

Just install Windows 10, as if you were installing it to a "spinning" disk-drive. The Windows Installer will recognize the M.2 as a bootable device.

Yes, a 5400 RPM disk-drive is slower than a 7200 RPM disk-drive, due to larger "rotational delay" values.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.