Did you mean: 
Highlighted
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can't Get Past Initial HP Screen

Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have an HP Envy (M#: h9-1534PC) and it will not boot past the intital HP screen. Pressing ESC will bring up system info but that is all that I can do. I can not access the STARTUP menu by pressing ESC, or any other keys for that matter. I tried resetting the BIOS by pulling the CMOS batt, and It reset the BIOS (I bought used and it was in spanish, restored to english). Still, however, other than getting it back into english it will not do anything else. Component failure? I tried downloading the HP diag. software to usb from a differnent PC but no luck. I cant access any menus. HELP! Much appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,468 21,456 1,417 2,072
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can't Get Past Initial HP Screen

@DetroitTechDR,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• When was the last time the computer was working fine?
  • What is the product number for your computer?
  • Have you tried booting after disconnecting the RAM and HDD?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?

While you respond to that, I recommend you follow the below steps and check whether the issue is resolved.

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.

3. Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.

4. Unplug the power cable from the computer.

5. With the power cord unplugged, press and hold the Power button for about 15 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors.

6. Connect the power cable, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.

7. Press the Power button to turn on the computer.

8. Check the computer starts normally or a startup menu opens.

If you continue facing the issue, follow the steps in the below article.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03513214

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation