Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp omen 15t dh100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I literally bought this hp omen 15t dh100 laptop 3 days ago...everything was fine until these windows 10 updates so I thought it shouldn't be the updates everything was fine after them...i researched thought it might be the memory modules I took them out and put them back in...it started working but it still would freeze up...i finally removed 4 quality updates everything was good it didn't freeze at all i left for like 2 hours came back it was still good...so i plug up my mouse and mouse pad to play sims 10 minutes into the game it freezes...im like **bleep**...so i restart it it goes back to windows i see update kb4551762 installed and im like why is this here I try to I Uninstaller it but there is no option..i use advanced startup to try to Uninstaller it but it couldn't do it after that it froze I turned it off tried to turn it back on it was a black screen did it again it was the omen symbol did it again it booted to windows then froze did it in safe mode it froze...it started an automatic repair it froze..now its in the bios update and it froze now I cant even turn it off...can someone please for the love of god tell me what I can do to fix it 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Since it froze in BIOS update you may have bricked your motherboard. Try using the BIOS recovery suggested at HP. I had a power failure during BIOS update and bricked the motherboard. I got another motherboard and while updating windows I went to make coffee and came back with BIOS updating and thanks to HP defunked file, I bricked another motherboard. THANKS HP!

HP Recommended

Update: I took the back off took out the ram again and unplugged the battery...i put everything back where it belonged...and turned it on it finished the bios update but windows still wouldn't do a startup repair so I reset the pc and paused all updates im putting my applications back on there now and everything seems to be alright 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.