Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can’t boot into windows

Hp Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0067c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Last Christmas my parents surprised me with an Hp Pavilion Gaming Desktop (690-0067c) and for a my first gaming PC it’s been alright. This summer I got tired of how long it took the computer to boot, so I decided to buy an SSD and use the mechanical hard drive as additional storage for my games. I bought a 240 gb Kingston SSD from Amazon. I had some trouble installing windows, but I followed an online guide and did everything correctly. Anyways after a few months I shut the computer off, and turned itback  v on to see a screen that said Windows failed to load correctly. I did everything I could, startup repair, uninstalled updates and several resets. I came to the conclusion it was a bad ssd, so I ordered a nicer one, a Samsung 860 EVO 500gb, just to find the same problem. No matter what I do, I just get back to the same blue screen, and if I can get into windows, the screen goes black after a few seconds of being in it. I know it isn’t the hard drives or the flash drive I installed windows from, and I’ve used multiple USB ports. Is it possible It’s a hardware issue, and if so what could it be? I’ve pretty much given up trying to fix it at this point but I decided to post on here just in case maybe someone can think of what my issue is. I’d appreciate any help I can get.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
6,007 5,993 565 1,265
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can’t boot into windows

Greetings Dvc3,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

You could have a hardware problem (storage device, RAM, or disk controller/SATA port). Any flaky hardware drivers or hardware including dirty power can cause weird stuff.

Run HP Diagnostics. 

Tap "ESC".

Select "F2".

Run system and components tests.

Run a check disk to check (Link)system files.

You said you tried typical Window's recovery procedures: resets, system restores, and startup repair.

A Windows corruption problem should have been resolved by doing a reset.

Back up data (if possible), try a clean W10 install on one of the SSDs to see how it goes.

Regards

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation