cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
dvc3
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Can’t boot into windows

HP Recommended
Hp Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0067c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Last Christmas my parents surprised me with an Hp Pavilion Gaming Desktop (690-0067c) and for a my first gaming PC it’s been alright. This summer I got tired of how long it took the computer to boot, so I decided to buy an SSD and use the mechanical hard drive as additional storage for my games. I bought a 240 gb Kingston SSD from Amazon. I had some trouble installing windows, but I followed an online guide and did everything correctly. Anyways after a few months I shut the computer off, and turned itback  v on to see a screen that said Windows failed to load correctly. I did everything I could, startup repair, uninstalled updates and several resets. I came to the conclusion it was a bad ssd, so I ordered a nicer one, a Samsung 860 EVO 500gb, just to find the same problem. No matter what I do, I just get back to the same blue screen, and if I can get into windows, the screen goes black after a few seconds of being in it. I know it isn’t the hard drives or the flash drive I installed windows from, and I’ve used multiple USB ports. Is it possible It’s a hardware issue, and if so what could it be? I’ve pretty much given up trying to fix it at this point but I decided to post on here just in case maybe someone can think of what my issue is. I’d appreciate any help I can get.

1 REPLY 1
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
7,153 5,604 681 1,651
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings Dvc3,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

You could have a hardware problem (storage device, RAM, or disk controller/SATA port). Any flaky hardware drivers or hardware including dirty power can cause weird stuff.

Run HP Diagnostics. 

Tap "ESC".

Select "F2".

Run system and components tests.

Run a check disk to check (Link)system files.

You said you tried typical Window's recovery procedures: resets, system restores, and startup repair.

A Windows corruption problem should have been resolved by doing a reset.

Back up data (if possible), try a clean W10 install on one of the SSDs to see how it goes.

Regards

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation