Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
P6-2003W
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need to boot to a legacy device, but am unable to do so with this PC. I can get into the bios, but under security, there isn't a "Secure Boot Configuration" option as shown at the HP knowledge base. When I try to boot to the device, I only get a flashing hyphen.  

The firmware is: HOL_606.ROM V 7.06

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello
what exactly are you trying to do?
Your computer, is original under windows 7
Release date
10-Oct-2011

HP Pavilion p6-2003w Desktop PC Product Specifications
So you have a bios most certainly "old fashioned"
This explains why you can't find this option, you certainly don't have a UEFI bios

therefore, legacy mode is useless for you!

Configuring the Boot Order in the System BIOS

BIOS Setup Utility Information and Menu Options

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Up until now, I was running Windows 10. I'm trying to set this up as a Freenas server. When I tried to boot in UEFI mode it started the process, but stopped at "ACPI0:<HPOOEM SLIC-CPC> on motherboard". I was told on a Freenas forum that meant it had on board power management and I wouldn't be able to turn it off turn it off. I should therefore boot in legacy mode. . 

HP Recommended

Sorry, I don't know what else to tell you!
reread my answer carefully, and the links given
Depending on your version of bios, the age of the pc etc, you can not use UEFI mode

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

That's why I want to boot in legacy mode, but the bios doesn't have an option for that. 

HP Recommended

But you can only find this option if you have UEFI system, which is definitely not the case for you.

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

If I don't have a UEFI system, than why do I have UEFI sources listed in the BIOS?  What I'm missing is the option to turn on/off secure boot configuration . Take a look at the link you provided. You'll see that option under system security. That option is not on mine. 

20200918_144757[1].jpg20200918_144816[1].jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.