Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Omen 880 p0-075
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have bought a new 1Tb SSD -disk  to replace my old 256Gb. I install it physically and then try to install OS with my Recovery CD's.

I then get this:

[ 7:04:48.27][ChkError.cmd]   
[ 7:04:48.30][ChkError.cmd]  [FAILURE_FLAG]
[ 7:04:48.35][ChkError.cmd]  Result=PASSED
[ 7:04:48.40][ChkError.cmd]   
[ 7:04:48.43][ChkError.cmd]  --------------------------------------------------
[ 7:04:48.46][ChkError.cmd]  Some error detected...
[ 7:04:48.51][ChkError.cmd]   
[ 7:04:48.55][ChkError.cmd] --------------------------------------------------
[ 7:04:48.59][ChkError.cmd]  [C:\SYSTEM.SAV\ExitProc\ErrorChk\ChkError.cmd]
[ 7:04:48.62][ChkError.cmd]  [PASS2_BBVClean][PIN_ERROR_MSG][ChkError.cmd] found [1] SW issue[s]...
[ 7:04:48.68][ChkError.cmd] --------------------------------------------------
[ 7:04:48.71][ChkError.cmd]  [PASS2_BBVClean][PIN_ERROR_MSG][ChkError.cmd] Refer the following file[s] if exists to see detail.
[ 7:04:48.76][ChkError.cmd]  [PASS2_BBVClean][PIN_ERROR_MSG][ChkError.cmd] C:\CTOERROR.flg , C:\System.sav\*FAILURE.flg, or C:\system.sav\Logs\AllFailure.log
[ 7:04:48.79][ChkError.cmd]   
[ 7:04:48.82][ChkError.cmd] --------------------------------------------------
[ 7:04:48.87][ChkError.cmd]   
[ 7:04:48.90][ChkError.cmd]  This is for customer image...
[ 7:04:48.93][ChkError.cmd]   
[ 7:04:48.98][ChkError.cmd]  Trigger CTO panic...
[ 7:04:49.01][ChkError.cmd]   
[ 7:04:49.04][ChkError.cmd]  This is Recovery image...
[ 7:04:49.07][ChkError.cmd]   
[ 7:04:49.10][ChkError.cmd] --------------------------------------------------
[ 7:04:49.15][ChkError.cmd]  [ChkError.cmd] has completed...
[ 7:04:49.18][ChkError.cmd] **************************************************

I have tried several times wit the same result.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have solved the problem. I created a new recovery media on a memorystick and run a new recovery which succeded.

Then I recovered a backup. I make backups every night with Acronis. I have worked as technical manager on a large site with several HP-UX servers. Nowadays I am retired since 11 years.

But thanks  everybody that have had thoughts about this-

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

I can't find a 880 P0-875. But a 880-075a PC has the required M.2 socket needed to install a NVME drive as a bootable device.

Why don't you just copy the current OS or create an offline image on external media of the 256 GB drive? Then restore the existing image to the new 1 TB drive.

Macrium Reflect, free, (Link to site) works great in this scenario.

Can you see the new drive in the BIOS?

Did you get a 1 TB M.2 NVME drive or a M.2 SATA drive? Or did you get a 3.5 inch 1 TB SATA drive? Many HP PCs don't support SATA M.2 drives. You can't use the new drive if the BIOS does not detect the drive.

Regards

HP Recommended

Sorry but it is a 880-p075no.Thanks for answering..

I have backups of the boot disk, I have 3 recovery dvds. I have put in the new ssd and run the recovery disks, but the recovery does not finish correct. It hangs some time on administrator login, and then finish with the included error.

I have created a new recovery media on a memorystick. I will try that tomorrow.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi LarsE,

You would need an external M.2 to USB 3.0 adapter to do a Macrium direct copy or clone from the 256 GB drive to the new drive.

But you can also install Macrium on the 256 GB drive.

Then create an image of the 256 GB drive on an external USB 3.0 drive. This can be done, on the fly, within Windows

Install the 1 TB drive.

Then restore the image from the external drive to the new 1 TB drive.

You will have to create a bootable Macrium rescue USB stick to get to the image on external media when booting your PC.

This rescue media can be created from the Macrium "Other Tasks" menu.

All required tasks needed to create, access, and move (clone) or copy the image can be reviewed within the Macrium knowledgebase site at this Link.

Regards

HP Recommended

I have solved the problem. I created a new recovery media on a memorystick and run a new recovery which succeded.

Then I recovered a backup. I make backups every night with Acronis. I have worked as technical manager on a large site with several HP-UX servers. Nowadays I am retired since 11 years.

But thanks  everybody that have had thoughts about this-

HP Recommended

Hi LarsE,

Sounds good.

Always helps if you have tech experience.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.