Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can't enable Pci-express

Pavilion P6-2129elm
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello, recently i repaired my videocard an amd hd7450 1gb ddr3, and today i installed it, the fan rotates but black screen and if i link via integrated graphics on motherboard it works,so i searched on internet and i found that i had to disable the integrated from BIOS, but there isn't the option to disable it, i tried to reset the BIOS but didnt work.What should i do?

Bios: AMI 7.15

Pc: HP pavilion p6-2129elm serial number:[edited] Porduct number:H2R91EA#ABZ

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
22,438 22,381 2,049 4,892
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can't enable Pci-express

@PietroSmusi

While the newer PCs will switch video displays automatically when you insert a videocard, the older PCs require manually resetting.

With the monitor connected to the onboard video, you would go into the BIOS and look for settings that allow you to select the video card. Once you do that, you would reboot but then connect the monitor cable to the video card jack.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can't enable Pci-express

Yes, this is what I have tried to do but there is no option in my bios for selecting pci-e so I don't know how to do it,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
22,438 22,381 2,049 4,892
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can't enable Pci-express

@PietroSmusi

Then, my guess is that. for some reason, the video card is not compatible with the PC; otherwise, there would be an option to select it in place of the onboard video.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation