Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Prodesk 400G$ mini
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have set a BIOS password. Downloaded latetest BIOS update. (02.02.04) then changed Secure Boot Config to be 'Legacy Support Enable and Secure Boot Disable' .Then Save and go back in to BIOS but setting is reset back to 'Legacy Support Disable..'...I'm just going around in circles. Why does HP make it so difficult. The EliteDesk and EliteBook we brought last year were able to be changed to Legacy with diffuclty but now these Prodesk are evne more complex.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

HP consumer PCs (not sure if your PC has the same characteristics) require disabling Secure boot, enabling Legacy boot.

Save and exit.

A four character confirmation code must be entered to confirm the change.

Booting back to the BIOS after confirming the change should now reflect Legacy boot enabled.

Regards

HP Recommended

I managed to get the change required. First set BIOS password.. then Legacy Support Enable.. uncheck Enable MS UEFI CA Key... uncheck Fast Boot. Then after that reboot back into BIOS and uncheck UEFI Boot .

Would be nice if HP had a document on BIOS changes, rather than just changing things in BIOS settings and causing hours of frustration, pulling of remaining hair and knashing of teeth.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.