Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Cannot boot computer when DP is connected. Can only boot with HDMI.

HP Recommended
HP Desktop PC - 870-244
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently switched from a 4k tv using HDMI to an AOC 49" monitor using display port. When I first booted up with the new monitor with DP, no issues. Switched the display to 5120x1440 @ 120hz, played some CoD Warzone, everything was fine. When I turned my computer back on a few hours later, I got 3 long beeps and 3 short beeps and it would not boot. Upon researching the code, I removed my GTX 1070 and made sure it was seated correctly, rebooted and same issue. Made sure my ram was seated correctly, same issue. I tried using all DP ports on PC and monitor with no luck. I decided to plug in the HDMI cable and my PC booted with no issues. While booted, I can switch from HDMI to DP and it works perfectly fine, just wont let me boot up with the DP connected.

Thinking it might be a resolution issue, I lowered my DP resolution to 2560x1440 and tried to reboot, same issue. I am at a loss and am not sure what to do at this point. Anybody have any ideas?

Nvidia GTX 1070

Intel core i7-7700

16gb ram

1tb evo plus m.2 ssd primary and 1tb hdd secondary

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation