Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 24-b109
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Cannot start my computer.  Press the start button but no response.  No noise and no light on the start button, but the drive light at the back is on when the power cord is connected to the outlet.  Unplugged the cord and connected again but still not working.  Cannot open the drive too.  Any suggestions?  Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@KW63,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Are you using the original power cord that came with the PC? Have you tried to connect to a different wall outlet?

Have you tried to check with an  alternate power cord.

Let's try these steps here: Perform a Hard reset on All in one PC

1. Turn off the computer. Disconnect the power cord from the back of the computer.

2. With the power off and the power cord disconnected, press the Power button on the computer for 5 seconds. The power light indicator, which is on the power button or near it, might turn on briefly but then it goes off.

3. Reconnect the power cord and turn on the computer.

• If the computer starts, troubleshooting is complete.

• If the computer still does not start and exhibits the same problem, continue troubleshooting.

Alternatively, You may follow the steps suggested in this support document for - HP PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10, 😎

Let me know how it goes for further assistance!

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I used original power cord and tried diff wall outlet.  I tried hard reset but no light showing on the power light indicator.  Nothing happened after the hard reset.  I don’t have another power cord that I can test.  I purchased this computer just slightly over a year.  So no longer under warranty 😞

HP Recommended

@KW63,

This looks like a possible hardware failure. I would recommend you contact our HP support team for further assistance. 

HP Support team can be reached on this link.

Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help you.

That said, take care and have a great day ahead!

Thank you 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.