Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I used chrome for a long time, but then it suddenly stopped opening. i thought maybe uninstalling it nd reinstalling it would work, but after uninstalling it and attempting to reinstall it multiple times, it wont install. i am able to download chromesetup.exe, but when i try opening it it just opens what seems to be a command console (it closes too quickly to get a good look at it) and then closes instantly. i have attempted to open it as administrator, and it opens one of those windows that asks you if you want it to make changes to your device, and i click yes but then it just closes and does nothing. i cant figure it out

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Trubot527

Welcome to HP support community.

You can use third party program such as Ccleaner or Revo uninstaller to uninstall chrome from the computer.

Once done, restart the computer and then download the chrome and before installing the software disable firewall.

1. Open Control Panel. ...
  2. Select the System and Security link. ...
  3. Choose Windows Firewall. ...
  4. Select Turn Windows Firewall on or off on the left side of the "Windows Firewall" screen. ...
  5. Select the bubble next to Turn off Windows Firewall.

Install the chrome and check.

Let me know if that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i have followed each step, but when i attempted to open chromesetup .exe, the console only opened a little longer before closing. every attempt to open it afterwards resulted in it closing just as fast as before i deactivated the firewall. i have made sure i followed the steps correctly (besides uninstalling chrome because i have already in uninstalled it before hand)

HP Recommended

@Trubot527

Create a new user account and try to install the chrome.

1. Choose Start→Control Panel and in the resulting window, click the Add or Remove User Accountslink. The Manage Accounts dialog box appears.
  2. Click Create a New Account. ...
  3. Enter an account name and then select the type of account you want to create. ...
  4. Click the Create Account button and then close the Control Panel

Let me know if that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.