Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 9040
Microsoft Windows Vista

cant do anything with my computer since its in sleep mode

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@PANINE 

How to you know that it is actually in sleep mode and not dead?  Which would not be unusual for a PC this old if it still has the original 10-plus year old hard drive in it.

How have you tried turning it on? Have you held down the power button for 30 seconds or longer, seen the light go out, and then pressed it again?

Have you disconnected the power cord for 5 minutes or more and tried this again?

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.