Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 880-109nc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I cant update BIOS of my PC to latest version (F51). The thing is, after it is installed either through HP Support Assistant or manually and I Restart PC, the PC starts for 5 seconds and then turns off for 5 seconds. Then again turns on for 5 seconds and turns of and so on. Where is the problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

glad to learn it!
So, in the future do the update of the bios, only if there is a big need!
If a pc is working properly, and an update does not indicate fixing a serious problem, it is better to be careful!
Also avoid automatic shift, only proceed manually at a time when there is the least risk of having a problem (such as a power failure) and you are present.
please mark the answer

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Miro0102-SVK- 

Hello,

Normally, there should be no problem installing this BIOS update. To make sure the computer is working properly, I suggest that you perform a thorough Extensive system test of your computer, using the HP PC Diagnostic UEFI interface (F2).

Proceed as follows to perform the Extensive system test:

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  2. Turn on the computer and immediately press F2 key repeatedly.
  3. On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.
  4. Click Extensive Test.
  5. Click Run once.
    While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component displays on the screen.
  6. If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for send it to us in your next answer. The information is also available in Test Logs on the main menu.

I remain at your disposal in case of need.

Best regards,🤠

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

I press F2 repeatedly right after turning on the PC but it doesnt work. Neither other keys like Esc or F10 dont work.

HP Recommended

Hello
sorry, there was a 1 in 1 million chance that it would work
According to what is indicated, the pc did not support the update of the bios, so it seems corrupted.
If the pc shuts down and restarts it seemed to me impossible that f2 would work.
But in case I didn't say anything!
So it will be difficult to fix this, there are procedures, but it doesn't work with all models

Recovering the BIOS (Basic Input Output System)

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-880-100-desktop-pc-series/18695893/model/21949398

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Well, I used method "Resetting the CMOS". I am working on the PC again on BIOS version F50, but what in the future? Should I wait for repaired/new update of BIOS and then install it, or shall I stick on the BIOS version F50?

HP Recommended

glad to learn it!
So, in the future do the update of the bios, only if there is a big need!
If a pc is working properly, and an update does not indicate fixing a serious problem, it is better to be careful!
Also avoid automatic shift, only proceed manually at a time when there is the least risk of having a problem (such as a power failure) and you are present.
please mark the answer

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

OK, I will stay at version F50, but developers have to do something with it. It cant be normal. that they make an update of such an important software as BIOS and it ends up at an unusable PC.

Anyway, I have got another problem - when I want see BIOS settings tight after starting the PC, the keys (Esc, F2, F10...) do not work and I cant see BIOS settings.

HP Recommended

ok, but this being another problem and in order not to overload the thread, please create another one.
And to mark the answer, it is easier for the others to find a marked subject and to understand, if all is not mixed

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.