Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cmos Password Help

Envy series 700-327c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So i bought this computer off of my sister cause she needed money a couple years back and i wanted to put windows 7 on it as it works better. i cant boot a usb drive or disc to install windows on it cause it wants a password to enter system setup through bios. ive already tried everything on the internet i found about jumping to pins, taking the cmos battery out and waiting for a bit but still nothing clears the password on it. Any Suggestions i could try?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
26,355 26,310 2,188 3,357
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cmos Password Help

@User_420

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand you need help in installing windows on your computer,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Could you define what you mean by "everything you've done"?

That said, do you have a HP Recovery Media in your possession? if yes, are you getting any error messages while attempting to install the OS?

While you respond to that, here are a few things you can do:

Install or restore an HP computer with Windows to an earlier state, or perform a system recovery using HP Recovery Manager. You can also find possible solutions for the following issues:

• You have upgraded the computer to Windows 10 from an earlier version of Windows.

• Attempting to run the HP System Recovery in Windows did not work.

• Windows does not start correctly, preventing access to HP System Recovery.

• Recovery Manager is not installed on the computer.

• You don't have recovery media for the computer.

To resolve issues related to performing an HP System Recovery, go to HP Guided Solutions - Performing an HP System Recovery.

If you don't have an HP Recovery Media: Click here for instructions on obtaining one for yourself.

Let me know how that pans out

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon,

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' as it would help the community gain more knowledge,

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cmos Password Help

I feel as if you didn't read what I said. I know how to install windows and that's not what this is about. I told you that I've already tried the jumper reset on the motherboard and taking the cmos battery out. I need help with the bios password. i don't know the password. I can't get the password cleared. If you have no solution then tell me don't beat around the bush I have bigger fish to fry than to waste my time replying to you and not getting the help I need.. thank you.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
26,355 26,310 2,188 3,357
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cmos Password Help

@User_420

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

I'm glad you could clarify the issue,

That said, resetting jumper pins or making such changes to the motherboard isn't recommended or supported by HP,

Hence I would recommend you Contact HP to get the Bios password reset:

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

If this helps answer your query, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cmos Password Help

That doesn't help me as I would have to send in my computer that I use for work. I can't do that. What I'm capable of is doing it myself considering I built server for IBM for 3 years. Pretty sure I can do this myself just don't know yalls fail safe components well enough to figure it out myself
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation