Post new question
Question
Computer Locks Up or Freezes
Replies (12)

HP Support Agent
Message 11 of 13 (85 Views)

Re: Computer Locks Up or Freezes

Hi @kapilmittal,

I reviewed the post comprehensively Brilliant effort and great job in troubleshooting the issue. Smiley Happy. Kudos to you for that. Smiley Happy

You find a lot of third party uninstallers like Revo Uninstaller CCleaner if you google them. You could download one of them and get rid of Avast. 

Please download only these uninstallers. Do not click on any popup, Ad, download, link or anything else on the third party website.

Trust me I've done everything I can to assist you by keeping your best interest in mind. I hope the computer works great and stays healthy for a long time. Smiley Happy

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Smiley Happy

Do take care stay healthy, keep smiling big and have a blessed year ahead. Smiley Happy

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Top Student
Message 12 of 13 (72 Views)

Hi @DavidSMP,

Thanks for your response and appreciation but i did not do  anything other than that following yours suggested steps.

Yes, i will try that CCleaner to remove Avast and let you know if it really works, hopefully should work.

Warm regards,

Kapil

Highlighted
HP Support Agent
Message 13 of 13 (55 Views)

Hi @kapilmittal,

Great news. Please download CCleaner and uninstall it. It should do the trick for you. 

Please keep me posted. Smiley Happy I will keep a watch for your reply. 

Please don't forget to mark the post as an accepted solution as several customers will benefit.

Trust me I've done everything I can to assist you by keeping your best interest in mind. I hope the computer works great and stays healthy for a long time. Smiley Happy

To simply say thanksplease click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Smiley Happy

Do take care stay healthy, keep smiling big and have a blessed year ahead. Smiley Happy

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation