Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 700-301nd desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear all,

It all started with a sudden white screen and the computer frozen. After the restart, the computer crashed again but now with a black screen. Many crashes later and advance startups, I noted that the computer crashes when loading the display driver.

First thought was that is was the graph card. I changed it from the AMD to an ASUS Card but after the ASUS driver installation, the computer crashed again. So back to the original AMD, the card is not the problem.

Then I exchanged the C drive to start the computer with another Windows installation. That did not solve the problem either. The windows installation is not the problem.

Mem check and virus check has been done but no errors reported.

The current status is that I now use the basic windows display driver and switched off the auto update. 

Any thoughts on what this could be? Something on the motherboard perhaps?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

thank you
Unfortunately, now difficult to identify the failure!
at the first idea, we could say that your video card has a problem, which seems the most logical !!
You tested another video card, only same thing, but it could also have a problem, it would be bad luck, but it can happen, is it compatible, not more powerful than the other, that I do not know. ..
Otherwise, the problem could come from the pci port, there it would be necessary to pass a cleaning stroke, with a special computer compressed air bomb, pay attention to what is used
There are anti dust bombs but it does not fit, I had bought some, but then saw that it could not be used everywhere ..
Then replace the video card, and install the hp driver afterwards
With a bit of luck ...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-700-300-desktop-pc-series/6886619

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello
for the moment, i only see one test, (which you haven't mentioned), that you can try, in order to check if it may not come from the pci slot!
Taking the necessary precautions, remove the graphics card, after uninstalling its driver!
Then connect the screen to the video port of the motherboard
if there is no problem, it is probably a hardware problem, but difficult to certify!

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-700-300-desktop-pc-series/6886619/model/7233320/documen...

Kaili motherboard specifications.

nb:

integrated video not available if a graphics card or an Intel processor ending with “P” is installed.

A processor that supports graphics is required for integrated graphics to be enabled
Intel HD Graphics 4600 (GT2) (supported by the processor)
Supports DirectX 11
DVI-D and DVI-I output ports (both ports can be used at the same time)

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Dear Prométhée
Thanks for the quick and clear reply. I followed your recommendation and the computer start without a problem. The basic windows driver was updated automatically to Intel 'HD graphics 4600', which seems quite acceptable for now. It anyways, still makes it a decent computer for standard office works.

Do you have any clues on how to track the fault? I am not an expert, but so far, I managed well to understand your message. I hope you have more tips.

brgds

Rob

HP Recommended

thank you
Unfortunately, now difficult to identify the failure!
at the first idea, we could say that your video card has a problem, which seems the most logical !!
You tested another video card, only same thing, but it could also have a problem, it would be bad luck, but it can happen, is it compatible, not more powerful than the other, that I do not know. ..
Otherwise, the problem could come from the pci port, there it would be necessary to pass a cleaning stroke, with a special computer compressed air bomb, pay attention to what is used
There are anti dust bombs but it does not fit, I had bought some, but then saw that it could not be used everywhere ..
Then replace the video card, and install the hp driver afterwards
With a bit of luck ...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-700-300-desktop-pc-series/6886619

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Dear  Prométhée,

Thanks for your reply, which is much appreciated. It does not seem an easy thing. The alternative card was brand new, but I will try my old card on another computer when I find one.

Cleaning the slot seems the best first step but find a new motherboard otherwise. If I get it fixed, I'll let you know. For now, I will mark the subject as solved.👍

HP Recommended

Dear Prométhée,

FYI,

I'll buy another computer. This computer will be used in a different location were the onboard graphic card is more than adequate.

Thanks for your help. 

HP Recommended

thank you for this feedback @robhoe 

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.