Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My computer has been frozen for days on the the screen saver when it's waking from sleep mode. I've tried to hard reset it by pressing the power button, that didn't work. I tried unplugging the computer, doesn't work either. Can anyone offer any solutions?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@sunshine39 

Holding the power button simply turns it off; that will not do a reset -- because if it did, anyone who accidentally pressed the power button too long would force a RESET of that PC, and that would be bad news.

Try pressing the Esc key repeatedly while rebooting next time.  If it works, it will show and HP Startup Menu and from there, you can select the option to do a reset.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thank you for responding and offering a possible solution. I did try it and unfortunately, it did not resolve the issue. I did seem to find another solution though. Thanks again for the advice!

HP Recommended

@sunshine39 

Glad to hear you got it working!

Would you PLEASE share your solution here -- so others running into the same issue can find your solution when they do a search?

Thanks in advance

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.