Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP All-in-One keeps shutting down and requires a hard boot to reset.  It also will not let me upgrade to Windows 11.  It gets to 99% installed and then just quits.  The computer is only one year old!  Please help!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@jeanQCAZ -- The computer is only one year old! 

Exactly how old? The original HP Warranty lasts for exactly one year. During that year, HP will fix your computer, at their expense.  Presumably, you will have to be running the original Windows 10 system, and can demonstrate some repeatable problem, before HP will have something to target to fix.

Note that you can continue to use Windows 10 until its "sunset" in October 2025.

So, use your computer until then, if it lasts that long, and then purchase a new computer.

HP Recommended

I don't think that a computer that is only one year old should be performing this way.  The only reason I attempted to download Windows 11 was because I thought it might solve this problem.  I will continue to use Windows 10.  I felt your response was rather "flip" and not particularly helpful at all!

HP Recommended

@jeanQCAZ -- I don't think that a computer that is only one year old should be performing this way. 

I agree. If the original HP Warranty is still in effect, exercise it, to get HP to repair/replace it, at their cost.

> The only reason I attempted to download Windows 11 was because I thought it might solve this problem. 

Yes, trouble-shooting is not an exact science. If you test one theory, and it does not work, you test another theory, as did Thomas Edison, building on the work of  Sir Humphry Davy and Joseph Swan, who had to test many filaments inside a light bulb, before finding the best material.

felt your response was rather "flip" and not particularly helpful at all!

I am not offended at all that my first attempt to help did not work out for you.  

Your computer has some problem, and you have proved that the problem manifests when running Windows 10 or installing Windows 11.  So, my next recommendation is to run the HP Hardware Diagnostics, to see if there exists a hardware problem, such as "bad" RAM, or a failing disk-drive.

Keep trying, and keep posting, until we arrive at a solution.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.