Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Computer turns on but won't display on monitor or hdmi

HP Recommended
HP ENVY h8-1534 pc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Well this kind of bit of series to say to what actually led to this...

1. I got home and heard my computer's fans kept going on and off but when it was on, the fans were blowing hard and it was pretty loud... I use my tv as my monitor using the HDMI. At the time, my tv was on my DVD setting and then I switched over to see what was going on, I had a blue screen with the sad emoticon and it was waiting to restart and it looked had been waiting to restart for a long time because I haven't touched my computer in over 24hrs, but I had seen that it said "UNEXPECTED ERROR"... So I went ahead and held the power button down to shut it down and then I restarted it

2. So when I restarted it, it started up then it went the blue screen giving me options to restore and etc... I clicked on "restore back in when it was working" and after that, a notification popped up saying something this code "0x80070001", the same notification popped up again on when I was trying to actually do a full system restore... I kept restarting it and kept giving me the same options but I couldn't go any further that because of the same notifications kept popping up when I tried to restore when it was working or tried to do a full system restore, so the next time I went ahead tried the other option resetting the firmware or whatever it's called (sorry!)... so it restarted for me and after that stayed on the hp logo

3. So now at this point, I'm pretty frustrated because it's stuck on the hp logo, so I researched why it's stuck on the hp logo and also researched why it did that after I reset the firmware and it talked about bios and I followed the instructions and nothing was working and then I tried to use the esc, f10, f12, and etc options but it kept bringing up the screen of my computer's info and the esc key option and when I pressed that nothing was happening then I watched a hp forum video checking everything what could be why your computer won't turn on... so I took that advice to carefully clean the fans and ram

4. So now I did all that, I hear the computer on normally but nothing comes on my tv and then I try an old computer monitor and still nothing comes on....

This where I feel like my computer is done for because my computer did crash early January and I was able to do a full system restore and now I'm able to do anything...

I've been up and down this forum trying to relate and nothing has worked so far

HELP! Lol
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,659
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> I tried to use the esc, f10, f12, and etc options but it kept bringing up the screen of my computer's info and the esc key option and when I pressed that nothing was happening ...

One of those "F-keys" should launch the built-in HP Hardware Diagnostics.

Press that key, and run the test(s) for the disk-drive.

It's most probable that your disk-drive has failed -- your motherboard cannot load Windows from the "dead" disk-drive.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,659
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> 0x80070001

One web-site suggests that you have a disk in your DVD-drive, and the disk is physically smudged/dirty.

Remove the disk, and try to reboot.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation