Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY All-in-One - 24-n009
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, my all in one computer was stuck at the hp logo, I can only get into the bios setting and diagnostic test. Anything else would give me a black screen and I run all the test and everything passed. Please help me with this problem, i have tried all the option I can find on the website and nothing is working.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

While the HP Hardware Diagnostics seem to indicate that the disk-drive "physically" in good condition, those tests do not test the "logical-correctness" of the file-system.

Start-up the computer.

Press the ESC key to show the motherboard's initial messages.

What do you see?

Use your smart-phone to take a snapshot of the screen, and post it here.

HP Recommended

Screenshot_20180501-052240.png

Thanks for the helo, this is what I got. I also pressed F11 after but it turned into a black screen

HP Recommended
Still need help on this, someone please help me
HP Recommended

@audavid@  wrote:
Still need help on this, someone please help me

I pressed F11 [System Recovery] after but it turned into a black screen.

You seem to have a problem with the disk-drive.

When you launch the HP Hardware Diagnostics, run the tests for the disk-drive.  Pass? Fail?

You may need to replace the disk-drive.

If you do, you will need to reinstall Windows.

HP Recommended
I ran the test a few times everything passed
HP Recommended

@audavid wrote:
I ran the test a few times everything passed.

OK.  The disk-drive is "physically" OK -- one can read from it and write to it.

Thus, what remains is a "logical" problem, probably that the "file-system" on the disk-drive is corrupted.

The next step is to physically remove the disk-drive, and then connect it as a "secondary" disk-drive in some other computer, and then see if you can logically access the file-system on that disk-drive.

Maybe the "check-disk" command ('CHKDSK') can find/repair any inconsistencies within the file-system of that "secondary" disk-drive.

Failing that, it's time to purchase a brand-new disk-drive for your computer, and reinstall Windows onto it.

It depends on what is more important to you:

* getting the computer back into "working-order",

* spending a lot of time trying to identify the cause of the problem, and then getting it back into "working-order".

In other words, spending $100 for a technician to try to repair a $50 toaster is not best.

-----------
Welcome to this forum.

Please click the purple/white "Thumbs Up" icon for every response that is helpful.

Also, please click "Accept As Solution" for the best response.

HP Recommended

15569794781838957970547337488438.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.