Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I replaced the cmos battery and now when I try to start up I just get 3 long beeps followed by 2 short beeps. Computer won’t start up.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

hi

why did you replace the cmos battery in the 1st place? Have you removed the RAM module ? have you pushed it somehow?

unplug the power cord

discharge ( => press the power button for 10 secs without the power cord)

reseat the RAM module (s)

plug the power cord back in

try to power on

HP Recommended

Hi

Check this HP site for troubleshooting BIOS error codes:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_1997210-1528385-16 

A 3-2 BIOS error seems to refer to a memory module or memory slot error. Since the memory controller is in the CPU chip, you could also have a CPU problem.

HP Recommended

I replaced the cmos battery because every time I booted up the time and date had been reset to well in the future. Re my problem, I reset the memory module and it solved the problem. Thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

I reset the memory module as you suggested and it solved the problem. Thanks for your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.