Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 24-xa All-in-One Desktop PC (5KF24AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Trying to update BIOS, the computer rebooted and starting beeping. Corrupted BIOS and dead computer. I've brought it to a service but they say there is not any firmware of the BIOS available for my model so they can't reflash it. I've been navigating in loop through the HP website without any success. I only need the . bin for this model. Is there any possibility I can get it somewhere, please? Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Willow2022 -- is your computer listed at: HP Consumer Notebook PCs - Basic Input Output System (BIOS) Updates (EDK2 UEFI firmware) | HP® Custo...

That page has links to BIOS files for many HP computers.

HP Recommended

Thanks @itsmyname . It's not listed here, sorry, but I've found this page where my computer with SSID 85BA is listed and there is a .exe that can be downloaded.

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c06366675

Do you think the repair man could use this to reflash the bios?

Thanks

HP Recommended

@Willow2022 -- Do you think the repair person could use this to reflash the BIOS?

Yes, if they are competent. The necessary "BIN" file is contained within the download.

The download allows two methods of applying the update:

1. Copy the BIN file to a USB memory stick. Power-off your computer. Connect the memory-stick. Power-on the computer, and enter BIOS SETUP. Find the option in the menu to read the BIN file from the memory-stick, and to update the BIOS.

2. Run an app within Windows to update the BIOS.  Note that the app may have been programmed to ONLY work on one of: Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10.

I hope this helps.

HP Recommended

Thanks @itsmyname. I think I have to send it to reflash the BIOS or buy a new MB. Thanks for your help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.