Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp envy 700.311na
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have a hHP Envy 700-311na desktop pc with a core i7-4970 cpu and for some reason the bios does not recognise the cpu fan.  I have tried three different fans which are all brand new.  The fan does work as it sound like a low flying aircraft; but for some reason the bios has the fan running at 0 rpm even though it is working.  

here are some screen captures:

core temp.jpgspeed fan.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Support Community  @dave19711998 

Make sure your UEFI is upto date???

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-envy-700-300-desktop-pc-series/6886619...

FIXES:

-Add Microphone Record Test on specific products. 
- Add Fan Speed Information on specific products.
- Add improvements to HDD and Battery Information page to include status icons. 
- Add improvements to Battery Test to support specific battery supply vendors.
- Add supports and improvements when Battery Charge Management is active.

Not sure if it will help???

REO

HP Recommended

I installed the lates HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI which is 7.0.0.0 according to the program which has to accessed when you boot up.  I did update the bios.  There is nothing in the bios or this program to test the cpu fan.  It only allows me to test the cpu which is working fine.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.