cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
dave19711998
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Cpu fan is not recognised

HP Recommended
Hp envy 700.311na
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have a hHP Envy 700-311na desktop pc with a core i7-4970 cpu and for some reason the bios does not recognise the cpu fan.  I have tried three different fans which are all brand new.  The fan does work as it sound like a low flying aircraft; but for some reason the bios has the fan running at 0 rpm even though it is working.  

here are some screen captures:

core temp.jpgspeed fan.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
REO51ST
Level 16
25,082 10,432 3,568 8,384
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Support Community  @dave19711998 

Make sure your UEFI is upto date???

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-envy-700-300-desktop-pc-series/6886619...

FIXES:

-Add Microphone Record Test on specific products. 
- Add Fan Speed Information on specific products.
- Add improvements to HDD and Battery Information page to include status icons. 
- Add improvements to Battery Test to support specific battery supply vendors.
- Add supports and improvements when Battery Charge Management is active.

Not sure if it will help???

REO

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
dave19711998
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I installed the lates HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI which is 7.0.0.0 according to the program which has to accessed when you boot up.  I did update the bios.  There is nothing in the bios or this program to test the cpu fan.  It only allows me to test the cpu which is working fine.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation