Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
07-22-2020 02:06 PM
Product: DESKTOP PAVILION 595
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I HAVE HAD THIS HP DESKTOP FOR ABOUT 6 MONTHS. I STARTED IT AND IT WILL NOT START.A BLUE DROP DOWN COMES UP AND SAYS (BOOT DEVICE NOT FOUND) PLEASE INSTALL AN OPERATING SYSTEM ON YOUR HARD DRIVE. HARD DISK (3FO)
F2 SYSTEM DIAGNOSTICS. I ENTERED THE f2 AND DID A DISK CHECK IT SAID IT PASSED, DONE MEMORY CHECK AND IT SAID IT PASSED THEN WENT TO F10 AND RAN TESTING ALL DRIVES. SMART CHECK:PASSED, SHORT DST : WARNING
1 REPLY 1
07-22-2020 02:23 PM
It sounds like you might be losing that disk.
Even if not, something is indeed wrong if the system won't boot and you are getting a warning.
Six month old computer is under warranty.
Contact HP Support, submit a case, explain the problem (and your results) - ask for help.
HP Technical Support – Contact Information
Submit information / case online
Sign in or continue as a guest
Reminder: HP Phone numbers you find on the Internet have likely been hijacked.
Many roads lead to HP Support.
Settings > System > About > (Support) Online support > Contact an HP Agent
Open website HP World-Wide Support
Select your region and follow the prompts
USA / Canada
Option - HP Support is on Facebook!
READ – Be Informed – Be Aware
HP Support does not publicly post contact numbers. Please submit your case online
- Provide required Information > Explain the problem > Submit the case
- After the case is submitted, Contact information for your area will be displayed on your screen
- Reminder: Wait times can be long – HP Response centers are very busy.
- Use Device Serial Number to submit the case (do not post private information on the Community).
- Chat is not available in every region. In those areas where Chat is an option, Chat service hours are likely restricted.
- HP will advise you when there is a fee for phone support and / or other services when your computer / device is no longer under warranty. This is normal business practice.
- HP may tell you that certain services are not covered under warranty. This is normal business practice. Standard Warranty typically covers specific hardware issues as explained in the Warranty contract. Care Pack coverage and warranties differ by contract package.
- HP websites are the only sites allowed to use the HP copyright ® circle/logo. Look for the copyright on any website claiming to be HP. If in doubt, scroll to the bottom of the Website to find HP copyright logo. Still in doubt? Stay away from the site.
Warranty Check / Product Registration
- Register your product during first setup or soon afterwards
NOTE: If the single-system-check fails to find your device, use the "multiple devices" method to
check single or multiple devices.
- If necessary, Select your Country on the main website page or at the bottom (click Flag)
- Scroll down > To the right of Check multiple warranties, Click Continue
- Enter the Serial Number and Country for one or more devices / systems to be checked
- Check the box to verify you are "Not a robot"
- Click Submit (at bottom of list entries)
- When the page opens, Click View Details
NOTE: The online database results do not impact the actual contract.
Excerpted: If you think the warranty details of your product are incorrect, submit a dispute through the HP warranty validation website.
- If necessary, select your Region / Country: Scroll to bottom of page and click the Flag
- HP Computers and Printers - How to Submit a Dispute to Validate Your Warranty
NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System
Categories: Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more
When the website support page opens, Select (as available) aCategory > Topic > Subtopic
Open Support Home
Enter the name of your device
Thank you for participating in our HP Community.
We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology
Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.
Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community