02-02-2018 01:13 PM
I need help resolving a Blue Screen Error that has been reoccurring since 1/18/2018. When it happened there wasn't any new hardware or software added.I tried a system restore to an earlier point before some type of windows critical update was installed but it didn't seem to work. I've tried unplugging everything that wasn't a keyboard or mouse from the computer but it still eventually occurred. I even did a system restore hoping that starting from scratch would help but it didn't. I know that windows creates error reports into a mini dump folder but i have no idea what to do with those.
I've put a link down to the the most recent mini dump log.Can any body help?
02-04-2018 10:51 AM
Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.
I understand that the Notebook is not booting up and you have already done a Reset. Have you tried the System Recovery already?
Steps for System Recovery
- Turn off the computer.Disconnect all connected devices and cables such as Personal Media Drives, USB drives, printers, and faxes.
- Turn on the computer and repeatedly press the F11 key about once every second until the Choose an option screen is displayed, and then continue.
- On the Choose an Option screen, click Troubleshoot.
- On the Troubleshoot screen, click Recovery Manager.
- Under Help, click System Recovery.
- When Recovery Manager prompts you to back up your files, select a backup option:
- The Welcome to HP Recovery Manager screen is displayed. Read the on-screen information, and then disconnect any connected devices and cables, such as Personal Media Drives, USB drives, printers, and faxes.
- Remove media from internal drives, and remove any recently added internal hardware.
- Click Next to continue.
- When recovery preparation is complete, click Continue to proceed to the installation phase of the recovery process. The computer restarts several times during the recovery. This is normal. Do not close, shut down, or disconnect the computer while HP Recovery runs.
- Recovery Manager reformats the Windows partition and reinstalls the original software.
- After the system recovery is complete, click Finish to restart the computer. Complete the setup screens and wait until the computer finishes the setup.
- Once the setup is complete, turn off the computer, reconnect all devices and cables, and then turn on the computer.
- Before using the computer, update and protect your computer by reinstalling any virus and security software that was installed before the system recovery.
- Reinstall any software programs that were added after purchasing the computer, as well as any files that were backed up.
If the Recovery fails, please run a System Test to confirm the Hardware functionality before contacting our Phone Support.
- Shut down the Notebook completely
- Turn it back on, then tap the Esc key repeatedly until the Startup menu screen is displayed.
- Press F2 to select System Diagnostics.
- Click System Tests
Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.
Thank you. 🙂
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" and "Kudos" Buttons.
I Am An HP Employee