Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Omen Desktop model 870-175na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

PC is dead following 5 off HP updates which seemed to complete OK yesterday. After restart, we have only seen a blank screen. Fans are running and correct voltage levels look correct internally. Cannot f8 to boot menu (doesn't get that far) and no response to Winkey "B". Ideally would rather not flatten. Any further ideas on how to rescue please?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Am trying to get some visibility on the problem. I've removed the nvidia card and plugged the monitor into HDMI1 connector on the motherboard. Still no display so cannot get to bios. Does anyone know if this is the default graphics port with the gaming card removed please?

HP Recommended

Hi,

It looks like one of the HP updates may have been a BIOS update which has created a problem.

Try all desktop troubleshooting steps here (Link) to see if you can recover the BIOS.

No luck using this site would require HP factory service.

Regards

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. I've worked my way through the list but cannot restore BIOS as no graphics present. Looks like a replacement motherboard will be required.

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're very welcome.

Yes, it looks like the motherboard is in trouble.

Regards

HP Recommended

Sounds similar to my issue with my Pavilion PC, even trying the CMOS reset jumper didn’t work. Finally pulled the CMOS battery out which got it running again. HP then keep trying to update the BIOS to the new version that causes the issue!

HP Recommended

Yep, tried the reset links and popped the battery but no good. It's a brick - thanks HP. Luckily, I have another Omen here, so moved the drives across and can recover essential software.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.