Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a same problem with Desktop 280 G1 mt. 8 beeps after bios update and black screen. I has install sp79421- HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI and without reboot I try to install sp73077 - HP Compaq Business Desktop ROMPaq 80.14. Firmware instead of directly flashing to ROM (As before, without updating the UEFI Diagnostics tools) has been writes to EFI partition and try flashing by UEFI tools after reboot. Flash procedure ended successful, but after reboot I have a 8 beeps. I has made a standalone troubleshooting USB  flash drive with HP Compaq Business Desktop ROMPaq 80.14 and HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI, boot with it but firmware recovery process not started with Win+B or without. USB keyboard is not initializing, PS2 port is absent. I try older BIOS and Diagnostics UEFI softpaqs without success. I cleared the CMOS, I tried different USB ports. It can be seen that there is a polling of the disks, the indicators on the flash drive and the hard disk are mashing, but everything happens in a cycle. Unfortunately, the desktop is out of warranty. How I can recovery my desktop?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.