Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Mini Desktop - 300-250np (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Boot freeze on HP Logo

Bios freeze on Main page only picture 1

Virtual assistant did not help. Hoping the Hp community can come up or help with the problem.

IMG_20221129_184959_217.jpgIMG_20221129_185141_501.jpgIMG_20221129_185035_224.jpg

Key Board keys after Bios page on screen -Picture 2 and 3

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Since the #2 screenshot shows "Network Boot" in the lower right, leads me to believe that something has interfered with the boot process and it is going though the list for boot devices. 

Check for a card in the card reader or any other device IE: CD/DVD drive empty.  Disconnect all accessories except the keyboard and mouse - then try again.  If the same messages, then run the Diagnostics routine.

To run the Diagnostics routine, Start tapping the Esc key BEFORE starting the PC and then press the start button.
Keep tapping the Esc key until a popup menu shows. Then pick Diagnostics from that popup menu, F2.
Report back with the results.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Sir Thank you for your advice but unfortunately the advice you gave does not solve the problem. The Pavilion Mini Desk Top is a tiny unit with i5 processor which is fully integrated, No socket for processor, video card and other peripheral device. 

Bios dialogue appears only when F2, F10,F12 are pressed during biit up but other than than other key board keys do not function at all'

T hank you for your advice.

HP Recommended

Thank You Sir,

But once again , the keyboard freeze after showing this bios on the screen

I am wondering is there something that blocks the full function of the keyboard to allow making choices and selection?

Did windows 10 update wrote error on the start up to prevent completion of the boot up?  

I already made Bios recovery (Win logo+R+B) but the screen only goes to bank after completion

I hope that somebody could come up with a solution to this problem

IMG_20221130_113813_209.jpg

HP Recommended

Granted what you suspect could have happened, but problems similar to the one in discussion usually happen because the hard drive has failed.  In looking further, that PC is different than most but it still has a SATA hard drive, 2.5".  In most cases the drive needs to be replaced, and then everything (software) needs to be reinstalled.  If the PC itself will not run the diagnostics, then probably the next best thing is to remove the drive and test the drive with a different PC while using a SATA to USB adapter.

Something like this

https://www.newegg.com/startech-usb3s2sat3cb-usb-to-sata/p/N82E16812400542?Description=sata%20to%20u...

While you are ordering, look at this for a replacement

https://www.newegg.com/blue-1tb-wd10spzx/p/N82E16822231550?Description=2.5%22%20SATA%201%20TB%20driv...

You could use a SATA SSD, instead

https://www.newegg.com/western-digital-1tb-blue-sa510/p/N82E16820250229?Description=2.5%22%20SATA%20...

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thank you Sir,

I am already thinking of Replacing the Hard Drive. Fortunately the unit socket can accommodate  SSD M2 with B keys. I will do that and I will let you know what happens. Hope that the Bios Flash section is in good condition, i think that we can resolve the problem. 

HP Recommended

Hopefully that will solve the problem.

You will need Windows install media,

If you need the install media for Windows 10, you can make it from this Microsoft download

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

With a working PC, scroll down to the "Using the tool to create installation media"
and then follow the directions. You can make either the DVD or USB. Use this new media to install Windows 10.
When the install asks for the product key, click the "I don't have a product key" option to continue,
then the install will continue. It will be activated once it connects to the internet, as it uses a digital key.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

One solution on the web i found is to replace a cmos battery. Is old SCMOS battery related to freezing BIOS? 

HP Recommended

The usual symptoms of a failed or failing CMOS battery is the time and date will be off and there is normally a warning about the BIOS being reset to defaults to allow the computer to boot up.

One thing I should ask -when starting up, the screen that shows the HP logo, does it do anything else?  Or does it just not do anything after the HP logo, and then show those screen shots you posted at first?

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

when the HP logo appears on the screen. It does not do anything else. Just frozen like that.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.