Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Desktop pc doesn't start after cleaning from dust

Envy 700 pc series
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Today i decided to clean my pc from dust. It's not the first time i do it, though this time it died on me. I'm always very careful and use very soft brush and vacuum cleaner. Yet after finishing cleaning and assembling pc it refuses to start.

Details:

1. Plugging power cable lights up green led light on the back of pc

2. When atempting to start - led light goes off, all fans make a circle or two, red light in front of pc lights up (as normally does) and nothing else happens.

3. Holding power button for 5 seconds (force shut down) disables red lights in front, though after that no life sings are shown until i replug power cable

I did however dismantle power block this time, though i was extremely careful and checked with bright light if i could damage anything before vacuuming in there. I hardly touched anything to prevent ESD. Vacuum house is plastic and i used rubber gloves. I would appretiate any help and i hope i can sort it out without going to pc service

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
47,084 41,337 4,512 11,808
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

"2. When atempting to start - led light goes off, all fans make a circle or two, red light in front of pc lights up (as normally does) and nothing else happens."

That can mean that the motherboard has died, that the memory modules need to be reseated or a memory module has failed or any combination of the three.

The best option for cleaning inside a PC is to use a can of PC compressed air and a soft brush.

Using a Vacuum has the potential to create problems.

I am not an HP Employee.
You can click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply was the information you were looking for that helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the

#HelpStopTheSpread #PracticeSocialDistancing distancing
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Tgank you for your answer. I've sent computer for repairs
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation