Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Doesn't matter if I use the physical power button or the shutdown on the menu, it restarts immediately. 
m01-f0024 is less than 3 weeks old, and was behaving fine for a while but this has become consistent.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi

BIOS setting, Wake on Lan?  etc etc.

AutoRestart.png

The Auto-Restart could be disabled.

It does not solve the problem of whatever is causing it, like a dodgy driver, but may take away the annoyance.

Start in Safe Mode (F8) and if that shuts down cleanly then it would be a recent install I suspect that is suspect.

There is a shutdown command....

https://www.lifewire.com/shutdown-command-2618100

If in doubt please ask.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the input.
In general, sleep, hibernate, or shutdown all restarted - as did using the Shutdown command from a CMD prompt.
* I disabled wake-on-LAN, but no difference.

* I unchecked automatic restart, but no difference.

* Booting in Safe-Mode and shutting down stayed shut down - some progress.

I guess that leaves the dodgy driver (or a recent Win10 update as the suspected culprit)
Any further suggestions are appreciated.

HP Recommended

System log is interesting  (in order over 20 seconds)
 4) Winlogon        7002   User Logoff Notification for Customer Experience Improvement Program
 5) Kernel-Power 187    User-mode process attempted to change the system state by calling Set...State APIs.

6) Kernel-General 16   The access history in hive ... was cleared updating 0 keys and creating 0 modified pages.

7) Kernel-Power 42      The system is entering sleep. Sleep Reason: Application API

8) Kernel-Power 107   The system has resumed from sleep.

13) Kernel-Boot    25    The boot menu policy was 0x1.

14) Kernel-Boot    27    The boot type was 0x1.  - I think this is hybrid boot (fast startup)!
20) Power-Troubleshooter 1  
The system has returned from a low power state. Sleep Time: ‎2020‎-‎01‎-‎22T06:42:19.368596000Z Wake Time: ‎2020‎-‎01‎-‎22T06:42:39.938680000Z Wake Source: Unknown

HP Recommended

Hi

Daft idea, but AVG anti virus.

Some other app checking in with mother earth?

Some external polling of statistics?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.