Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
H9 1130
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I turned my desktop off last week before leaving for a week. I return and now when I press the on button the power button light, front panel light and the fan light come on for one second and goes back off. The fan also spins and the green LED on the power supply stays lit. I have pulled the power, held down the power button while unplugged and held power button down while plugged in... still nothing. Any thoughts here?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @Trumpster

Have you tried charging the PC using a different power chord?

Do you see any error messages on the screen?

Do you see blinking LED lights or hear beep codes?

Are you able to boot into the BIOS page?

Please share the product number of the PC to assist you better.

Try the steps recommended below and check if it helps:

Many startup errors and other problems can be resolved by a hard reset, which decreases the amount of power stored in hardware components.

1. Shut down the computer, then disconnect the power cord from the rear of the computer.

2. Press and hold down the power button for at least 10 seconds, then release it. The power light indicator might turn on briefly then go out.

3. Reconnect the power cord, then turn on the computer to confirm if the issue is resolved.

Also, try the steps recommended below.

There is a small button (usually yellow or red) on the motherboard, usually near the cmos battery.
This is your cmos reset switch.
Remove the cmos battery.
If this is not possible, you can omit this one step however, preferable if removed.
Press the Cmos Reset Switch for at least 30 seconds without letting go. Release.
Put the cmos battery back in

Let me know how it goes!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.