Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN 30L Desktop PC GT13-1000a (207P6AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

So, after doing a bios update and my pc resetting my monitor is black - there is power to it but my power light is amber on monitor to suggest no signal,  there is obviously power to my desktop as the fans and lights are all working fine . No noise beeps or anything, i tried Windows+B and even Windows+V as suggested in various places but it does nothing.

I have powered down , removed the power cable and pressed power button for 10 seconds to fully reset but again it the same. I cant boot up any bios or safe mode as it doesn't even seem to respond to any key presses - there is power to my keyboard as the lights come on.  I have just ran out of my warranty as well (last month). Surely there must be some way i can roll back to a previous BIOS ? Any help would be appreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi

You have no USB I/O. The BIOS is corrupted. Try removing the CR2032 MB battery when the PC is disconnected from AC power. Wait for about five minutes. Reinstall the MB battery.

You are out of warranty. There is a way for you to flash the BIOS to the previous version. Or a local PC tech should be able to do this.

The forum thread below refers to a different MB and a slightly different problem. But the solution should work for you.

Detailed instructions can be found at this link https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Desktops/Fix-For-The-F-57-BIOS-Bug-Which-Causes-Windows-10-amp-... 

Avoid optional BIOS updates in the future.

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for the reply. After removing the cmos (it was hid under my gfx card), it is still the same . I have tried downloading a previous bios but my pc won't read off usb so that doesn't work also. Not good , especially from a recommended update from HP, I foolishly thought I could trust those updates . 

HP Recommended

Hi @Dhanson130 

My pleasure.

A local PC tech should be able to reprogram your PC's BIOS even if you have no video or USB I/O.

Watch this video at the following link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pyp6XtqbdSU 

HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem. As I have no warranty with HP, bought in UK retailer, I am being charged with a repair. I'm disgusted that HP can introduce a known issue and then ask for folk to pay. 

Good luck trying to get it repaired. I contacted them through support site and then spent most of the day on WhatsApp doing a repeat of everything they state on the website m

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.