1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Disk Errors?

Example
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello ,

i got a problem when i used my laptop and the problem is disk error , when i restarted my laptop it stucked on start up then i restarted my laptop again , the screen goes black and it says : (((repairing disk error this might take over an hour to complete)))). 

UNtill now after 8 hours still the same nothing changed >HELP ME 😞 . ///// for more information , im running on windows 10 //////////4GR //////500mb space.

(((((((HOW CAN I FIX REPARING DISK ERRORS THIS MIGHT TAKE OVER AN HOUR TO COMPLETE)))))))

THANK YOU FOR READING THIS.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,391 2,258
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Disk Errors?

Hi @Adel1212,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I understand you are getting disk error on your HP notebook. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Could you provide me with the exact model number of the notebook? Please use this link to help you find this information:

Have you tried to run any test on the computer? 

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

Perform a Hard reset on the notebook: A power reset (or hard restart) clears all information from the computer's memory without erasing any personal data. Performing a power reset might fix conditions such as Windows not responding, a blank display, software freezing, keyboard stops responding, or other external devices locking up.

Run a System extensive test as well as an extensive test on the Hard drive from F2 (Please capture the failure ID for further assistance).

If the test fails, which clearly indicates a hardware failure with the PC, I would recommend you contact our HP phone support for further assistance.

If the test passes, I would suggest you perform a system recovery. Doing this will wipe off everything and set the computer back to the original factory conditions. So, please remember to back up your data before initiating system recovery. If for some reason the recovery fails. The only other way to install Windows would be to order the recovery media for your laptop and using the recovery media you can install Windows. You can check if the recovery media is available online onwww.hp.com/drivers by entering the exact model no. of your laptop. To find the exact model no. click here: http://hp.care/2bygf7l

HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)

HP PCs - Obtaining HP Recovery Discs or an HP USB Recovery Drive

Otherwise, you could also reach HP phone support to order the recovery media. If your product is out of warranty, please choose paid options to get the tech support number.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,658
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Disk Errors?

> i got a problem when i used my laptop and the problem is disk error ,

> when i restarted my laptop it stucked on start up then i restarted my laptop again ,

> the screen goes black and it says : (((repairing disk error this might take over an hour to complete)))). 

> After 8 hours, still the same -- nothing changed  

> HOW CAN I FIX?

Ignoring the "standard response" posted by the Other Person, I understand that you have a problem with your laptop's disk-drive.

The problem could either be:

* physical -- Windows is unable to read and/or write to some "blocks" on your disk-drive;

* logical -- like a book that has a "table of contents" that lists the page-number of each chapter, the file-system written on your disk-drive has its own "table of contents" that points to every file & folder on your disk-drive.  If you spill liquid ink onto the book's "table of contents", you may not be able to read some of that "table of contents", and thus may not be able to quickly turn to a specific page-number.  On your computer, if there are physical problems that prevent the computer's "table of contents" from being read, Windows will report "repairing disk error", and will try to read through your entire disk-drive, to try to construct a brand-new "table of contents".

So, after 8+ hours, if Windows is having problems with the "repair", it is time to force the computer to turn off, by holding-down the on/off button for 15 seconds.

Your disk-drive is in "bad" condition.  Before it "dies", you can do either:

* retry the "repair", and hope that it is successful,

* remove the disk-drive from the computer, attach it as a secondary disk-drive in some other computer, and try to make a "backup" copy of all your personal files.

I think that there probably is not enough remaining "life" in your disk-drive to do *BOTH* things. So, choose one.

So, your only remedy is:

* try to make that "backup"

* purchase a brand-new disk-drive

* connect it into your computer

* reinstall Windows

* reload your personal files from your backup

How old is the computer? How old is the disk-drive?  Is it still covered under the original warranty?

If it is covered, then HP will give you a replacement disk-drive, for free, but that disk-drive will be "empty" -- Windows will NOT be installed, and your personal files will be lost -- unless you have made that "backup" copy.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation