Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 500-210qe
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi-

Windows says that my Pavilion 500-210qe does not support hardware security.  I found instructions to fix this via UEFI settings.  I don't see UEFI settings on my system.  Does the Pavilion 500-210qe support UEFI?  If not, would a BIOS update enable UEFI support?

Thanks.

Henry

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi, Henry:

I looked up the specs for your PC and it should be a Secure Boot option you can enable if you install Windows in UEFI mode.

HP Pavilion 500-210qe Product Specifications and Configurable Options | HP® Customer Support

You can't just change the BIOS settings from Legacy to UEFI, or the PC will not boot into Windows, and you cannot enable Secure boot in legacy mode.

There should be EFI boot sources listed when you restart the PC, tap the ESC key to get the menu of options, and then select the F9 boot options menu.

If you install Windows from an EFI boot source, you will be able to set the secure boot setting afterward.

You may have to clean the disk if you get an error that you are trying to install windows on a MBR disk in GPT mode.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.